Friday 29 August 2014

MoeMall Chihiro Fujisaki Wig Review!!



This is my first wig review and I'm very excited about it! Styling wigs is one of my best skills when it comes to cosplay. I've styled more wigs than I can count and even cut real hair as well. I've gained a lot of experience over the past year and I have a much better idea on how to tell if a wig is good quality. So let's get started!



So this wig is from MoeMall on ebay. You can find it here. This is the advertised picture.



This is the wig right out of the bag.


The first thing I noticed was the colour. It's a bit more orange than I expected (although the blue background does make it seem more orange than it is), but I really like the sort of apricot blonde colour. Since it is a character wig I do have something to compare it to.

These are a few official pictures of Chihiro Fujisaki from Dangan Ronpa (from the anime, official art, and a sprite)


As you can see, his hair is a bit more neutral, but personally, i think the brighter colour of the wig looks really nice!

So I put the wig on and here it is with no styling.


The shape is quite nice and it's got good volume which makes it easier to work with. The wig is made by Lucaille and I have other wigs from the same brand and they're actually so great! I know my Rose Lalonde wig is from there and I believe my Rei Ayanami is as well. I've had great experiences with this brand and I always get tons of compliments on those wigs.

I chopped off a bit to shorten the top layers. I really didn't need much cutting which was really nice! I probably cut off about a handful at the most.


Then just a bit of styling and the finished result!


It turned out really well and it was very easy to work with! The thickness really helped make the spiky sides and it stays in place with just a little bit of hairspray!

Since I haven't made my Chihiro cosplay yet I threw on my kimono to take some pics.



I really love this wig. It's great quality and easy to style, it's comfortable and looks great on... It's pretty much everything I can ask for in a wig. I guess the only critique I could give it is that the colour isn't 100% canon, but even then it's not far off and it still works for the character. This is one of my favourite wigs and I'd definitely recommend it. I know I'm going to get a lot of use out of it, especially because it's great to use casually as well!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Witching Hour Shirt from Banggood

Witching Hour Shirt from Banggood