Wednesday 24 September 2014


Nerdy Little Secrets Goodies Review


So I recently received my items from this cute Etsy shop! They specialize in pastel accessories like hair clips, jewelery, etc. The perfect collection for pastel goth, fairy kei, lolita, or other cute styles! I chose to review a choker and "gmr grl ;)" necklace! Here's the package:


I absolutely loved the handwritten note and business card included! It was a very nice, personal touch which I always enjoy. And even the bag that contained the items was cute! I'm really loving the sugar skulls and Day of the Dead theme going on right now so I'll be reusing this bag for sure haha.


Here's all the goodies! There's the Pastel Goth Moon Velvet Choker and Pastel Mini PlayStation Controller Necklace that I picked, as well as some extra gifts, two Small Pastel Goth Bone Hair Clips and this Lacey Pastel Brooch!


(Wearing velvet choker, my friend Destery wearing the mint bone clip!)

So first I want to talk about the Velvet Choker! I actually chose this one because I cosplay Rose Lalonde and I thought it would be really appropriate to wear as her!


 Here's a close look. I love the pink chain at the back of the choker. It gives the piece more character. The little yellow charm is a very nice little addition too!


It looks so elegant and dainty on. It's a very minimal design which I really liked because when I'm wearing this, it's not meant to be the main focus. It draws attention to the neck without distracting too much from the face.


It's slimming and delicate and I'm absolutely taken with it. The velvet is so soft and the whole item is well crafted and light, you hardly notice you're wearing it at all! It even comes in a spider charm as well, in case you weren't a fan of the moon design.

The other main piece I got was the PlayStation necklace. I chose this one not only because of how cute it would look to wear as Nanami or Roxy, but also because I really am a playstation gamer at heart. It was probably my favourite console as a kid and I spent so many hours playing Bomberman and Crash Bandicoot... So it really is a throwback for me!


This pendant is honestly so cute and I really adore it! All the buttons are individually painted and base is solid but light.


I just ditched Nanami's pink ribbon and used the necklace instead. In fact, I firmly believe this is what she should have been wearing in the game. It's the perfect addition to this outfit. 


This one is probably my favourite item of the bunch. I know I'm gonna get a ton of use from it, and it'll last too!


Finally we've got the bonus goodies!!! I was very happy to find these surprises and I'm already planning a full fairy kei outfit with them! They're the perfect accessories for the style and I'm glad I can add them to my collection! I especially love the bone clips but it's tough to see the pretty glitter in them from the pictures. They look much better in person, trust me!

(Wearing controller necklace and bone clip, my friend Courtney wearing a bone clip)

So as my first experience with Nerdy Little Secrets, I can 100% say I recommend the shop and that the items are not only cute but quality too.



Make sure you check out all the other cute items as well! There's so many adorable, unique items, and you can even request a custom order. I've already got a wishlist which you can check out below!

(Comes as individuals or in a full set!!!)


1 comment:

Witching Hour Shirt from Banggood

Witching Hour Shirt from Banggood